You recently decided you want to become a virtual assistant. It has always been a dream of yours to work a flexible schedule and doing VA duties. So, you work and work at building a client base. Even though you are working really hard, you are struggling to get enough clients to quit your 9-5 job.
Problem: There is a sea of people trying to do the same thing as you.
Solution: Learn how to stand out.
You can do this by analyzing the VA industry and see where you can improve and adapt to be an outstanding virtual assistant. You can go through and compare yourself to loads of other people, or you can do some research and fill out a SWOT Analysis.
A SWOT Analysis is an environmental analysis that helps you critically think about your business within its industry. SWOT is an acronym standing for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
It looks at the internal and external factors to help understand your position within it all. The internal factors are things that you are doing within your organization that is either helping or harming your business from performing as you should. You have control over these factors to change or improve them. While external factors are things that are happening outside of your business that you have no control over, the easiest way to react to these factors is to learn to adapt. Below are a few questions to help guide your analysis.
• What do you do better than others?
• What makes you unique?
• What do others see as strengths?
• What do competitors do better?
• Where is there room for improvement?
• What do others see as weaknesses?
• What trends/conditions can positively impact you?
• What opportunities are available to you?
• What trends/conditions can negatively impact you?
• What impact do your weaknesses have and their impact?